The Education Committee strives to offer current, relevant educational experiences for our members and to promote interest in construction education among educators and contractors and encourages dialog between them. The committee is responsible for:
- coordination and promotion of AGC of America education programs including: Building Information Modeling (BIM) Education Program, Lean Construction Education Program, Supervisory Training Program (STP), Project Manager Development Program (PMDP) and others
- support and development of on-going educational and informational seminars of local relevance, via in-person workshops, on-line learning, and webinars.
- administration of the Summer Work Program for undergraduate students
- support of AGC Student Chapters
- conducting the Annual Educators Forum, Student Contractor Awareness Night (SCAN) and UP SCAN
- oversight and promotion of the Endowment Fund and scholarship program, conducting and promoting golf outings to benefit the scholarship program
- coordinating the Brightest & Best Luncheon (recognition and awards program for Summer Work Program participants and Scholarship recipients.)
- organization of Michigan Construction Industry Professional Development Day.
Employees of member companies are encouraged to participate in the education committee. For more information please contact Viki Gotts - Staff Liaison - AGC of Michigan.
Daryl Massa - Committee Chair - Granger Construction, Lansing