The Build Michigan Award was established in 1995 by the Professional Service Provider Member Council of the AGC of Michigan as a way to recognize the excellence of an entire project team. The judges consider awards for new construction and renovation work in the following areas:
- Building Construction ($10 million and over)
- Building Construction ($10 million or less)
- Federal & Heavy Construction
- Construction Management
- "Best Build Michigan First Time Applicant" Award
The application for the 2016 awards will be available in November. The Awards will presented at the AGC of Michigan Annual Meeting in mid-February 2017.
The top ten reasons why you should nominate a project for a Build Michigan Award:
- Image - Showcase your work and our industry
- Credibility - Your projects and the work of your teams are very impressive.
- Morale - Share the pride of building with your entire team.
- Marketing - Award recognition helps create an impressive portfolio.
- Honor - This is a prestigious award and you are judged the best by your peers.
- Exposure - All nominated projects are recognized during the award ceremony, on our website and in Michigan Constructor magazine.
- Odds - A select, but limited, number of projects are nominated annually.
- Categories - There are now seven!
- Support - Need help? Call AGC! We are here to help. Please, don't wait until the last minute.
- Convenience - The format follows AGC/A guidelines so it's easy to enter the Build America Award competition as well.